Did you know, “ Your office is being judged based on the interior design”.
Yup, that’s true.
Office interiors is by far the first thing any employee joining the space, or visiting for an interview interacts with. Interior designs are “your side of the story” which means they literally reflect the company’s values, culture and awareness towards the idea of employee welfare.
Speaking of this, you must be thinking how a good environment impacts so much, the answer is this blog. You will understand this eventually while reading.
Significance of Good interior design
Here’s a thing:
- 87% of workers would like their employers to offer healthy workspace benefits.
- 97% employees would last longer in the company if they get a chance and healthier workplace benefits.
- Healthy workplace environment includes:
- Proper storage units
- Ergonomic furniture
- Room to move in and out
- Happy and vibrant interiors
- Technological advances
These are some easily accessible facts that you can find anywhere with merely a single search, this means happy employees are because of happy and vibrant workplaces. As per a study conducted, interior designs impact employees liking to work in a specific place.
We now understand that designs are important, but let us dig in what can be done that makes the interiors look great and welcoming:
- Not keeping it Flexible is the first mistake that we make, flexible refers to comfortable spaces and not desk and chairs. Quiet zones, booths, meeting pods, seat outs are some of the references that can be done.
- Strategically planning the space is very very necessary. You need to plan everything, every corner and provide room to move. Compact arrangement not only takes away the interest naturally but also gives a feeling of suffocation.
- You don’t want messy desks and storage issues, do you? An appropriate solution to this would work. Plan storage while you plan the design. It works. Technology can also help you in this, you have lesser mess with better technology.
- Happy vibes, opt for indoor plants, greenery, happy colours and artful pieces in the working areas. This grabs the attention of interest of the employees and people would then enjoy working.
These are the basic mistakes done, not giving space, not having enough colours, not having clutter free neat environment and the list goes on. Basic and minor things can make a big difference, and in the designing industry this really does.